MEDICAL HERBALISM: A Journal for the Clinical
Purpose, policies, contents
The purpose of Medical Herbalism is to strengthen the herbal practitioner,
to preserve and develop the science and art of herbal medicine, and to
promote communication and sharing of clinical methods and experiences.
- Information will be presented at the level of continuing medical education.
- The language and style will be clear to the lay practitioner.
- Practical information from all schools of medicine and herbalism will
- The focus will be on art and practice rather than on theory or academic
- Information from the model of reductionist medicine will be included,
but not to the exclusion of information from other health paradigms.
- We will pose questions that don't necesssarily have one answer, and
present clinical cases which may be unique.
- In-depth articles on botanical therapeutics.
- Case studies, with commentaries by clinical experts
- Clinical Tips: Indications, contraindications, side effects, incompatibilities,
toxicity, drug-herb interactions, dosages
- Clinical Questions: topics of special interest to the herbalist, in
a pro and con format.
- Reviews of Eclectic medical practice, Traditional Chinese medicine,
Ayurveda, Unani Tibb, and other traditional medical systems
- International Literature Review: Brief summaries and commentaries on
articles of clinical interest in the scientific literature, as well as
AIDS Treatment News, Australian Journal of Medical Herbalism, European
Journal of Herbal Medicine, The Herb Quarterly, Herbalgram, Int'l Journal
of Alternative and Complementary Medicine, Townsend Letter for Doctors,
and selected topics from: Fitotherapie (Italy), Naturheilkunde
(Germany), Zeitschrift for Phytotherapie (Germany), Natur Heilpraxis
(Germany) and more.
- Book, Tape, and Software Reviews
- Educational Resources
Back to MH Home